Household Hazardous Materials

The Regional Collection Center for household hazardous waste is located at the Ottumwa/Wapello County Recycling Center. Hazardous waste is accepted by appointment only. Call the Recycling Center 641-683-0685 to schedule a drop off. This service is offered at no charge to Davis and Wapello County residential customers. Small businesses may be able to use this service as a conditionally exempt small quantity generator for a fee. Please call the Recycling Center at 641-683-0685 for information.

hhwHow do you know if you have household hazardous wastes? If it can catch fire easily, if it can explode, if it can dissolve things, or if it is poisonous then it qualifies as household hazardous waste.

What Are Some Common Household Hazardous Wastes?

  • Motor oils, additives and filters
  • Gasoline and diesel additives
  • Degreasers
  • Waxes and polishes
  • Solvents
  • Paints
  • Lacquers and thinners
  • Caustic household cleaners
  • Spot and stain removers
  • Petroleum based fertilizers
  • Pesticides

Comments are closed.